Keeping on top of changing property and workplace health and safety legislation can be a major headache.
For example, if health and safety legislation is not adopted, any claim of lack of understanding is never accepted as a 'get-out' where legal breaches occur.
Get things wrong and you could face costly legal action against the company or even company directors.
Therefore, you must maintain robust systems to prevent any potential health and safety at work breach.
Current workplace regulations include an array of important environmental and health and safety at work requirements covering:
- Safe Methods of Work (RAMS)
- Health and safety COSHH
- Fire safety
- Emergency lighting
- Legionella controls
- TM44 energy usage
- Use of toxic and other substances
- Drainage and water use
- Fuel use
- Storage and access of materials
- Building maintenance
- Electrical usage including IEE wiring regulations
All our operatives are highly experienced and qualified and are:
- CHAS registered (H&S)
- Achilles Registered (rail)
- REFCOM affiliated (refrigerant handling)
- NICEIC registered (electrical)
- BIFM affiliated (facilities management)
- B&ES members (industry standards body).
They also comply with B&ES SFG 20 maintenance standards, are (where appropriate) DBS checked for schools and MOD, are Gas Safe registered and hold Waste & Hazardous Waste Licenses.
What's more, CPL management systems are fully audit compliant with the following:
- ECAS ISO management standards including ISO 9001: 2008 Quality Management Systems
- ISO 14001: 2004 Environmental Management Systems
- BS OHSAS 18001: 2007 Occupational Health & Safety registration.
To ensure EU health and safety in business, CPL is constantly training and updating on requirements to ensure we have the expertise to not only guide you through the minefield of legislation and to ensure your building's fully up to scratch, but also to ensure you are 'future ready'.
If you have any doubts or questions about your compliance, call CPL today on 0800 118 2503